- Edith Jacobson, an 85-year-old white female, has a history of osteoporosis.
- She lives independently at home but recently fell and broke her left hip.
- She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning.
Three Nursing Diagnoses for Edith Jacobson:
- Impaired Mobility: Due to her broken hip, Edith experiences limited movement and is at risk for further complications.
- Acute Pain: Edith is likely experiencing significant pain as a result of her hip fracture, which requires management to ensure her comfort and recovery.
- Risk for Falls: Given her history of osteoporosis and the recent fall, Edith is at an increased risk for future falls, which could lead to further injuries.